In “An Author’s Path,” they give a roadmap detailing how authors can find the time and discipline to finish their book, and what to do with it once it’s been written. Stuart covers the conventional publishing route; from finding an agent to represent you and your book, to editing the manuscript, sending out ARCs, and more. Myfanwy explains how and why an author should consider submitting to writing contests or journals, and the basics behind writing a successful query letter. Then, they discuss the basics of book marketing and publicity; how to solicit blurbs and use social media to your advantage.
You can view the full video here. We’ve also included some timestamps so that you can quickly find the most relevant information for your needs.
- Intro: 0:00
- How to write a book: 1:30
- What to do with your book once you’ve finished writing it: 8:15
- The conventional publishing route (finding an agent, pitching publishers, editing, ARCs) 9:38
- Submitting to your work to journals & contests, writing query letters 22:29
- Book marketing and publicity: soliciting blurbs, using social media: 32:08
- Q&A: 50:10