Social Media Assistant Manager
Do you love interacting with a highly engaged community of avid readers and book industry professionals? Are you passionate about helping books, authors, and publishers succeed in the marketplace? NetGalley is looking for a full-time Social Media Assistant Manager to work across the NetGalley and BookishFirst brands. This position will report to the Senior Director of Community Experience, and will collaborate with the Community Experience team.
The NetGalley team is permanently remote with working hours from 9am-5pm Eastern time. This employee must be located in the US with a home office and be able to work collaboratively and effectively in an independent setting with virtual communication.
- Develop & execute strategies to maintain, monitor, and enhance both NetGalley & BookishFirst’s social media platforms: Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, TikTok, and YouTube
- Create and schedule weekly messaging for the community on NetGalley.com
- Develop & execute campaigns within the BookishFirst member Forum, including bonus giveaways, author AMAs, and recurring features
- Track, analyze, and report social media KPIs on a weekly and monthly basis, including recommendations for improving performance
- Support and collaborate with the Member Experience team, including opportunities to contribute editorial content for the NetGalley blog (We Are Bookish)
- Additional member communication responsibilities, including the weekly BookishFirst newsletter
- 3+ years professional experience growing and managing social channels for a brand, especially related to books
- Passion for social media and proficiency with major social media platforms and social media management tools
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Impeccable time management skills with the ability to multitask
- Detail-oriented approach with ability to meet deadlines
- Proficiency with video and photo editing tools, digital media formats, and HTML
- Excellent social listening skills
- Ability to understand historical, current, and future trends in the social media space for books and publishing
How to Apply:
Please use this online form to submit your cover letter and resume. We look forward to hearing from you!
NetGalley values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Salary will vary based on a number of factors including skills & experience. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.
NetGalley is an industry-standard service that delivers secure digital files to approved readers and coordinates closely with publishers on targeted promotions to the hundreds of thousands of book advocates and industry professionals using the site. In addition to offering a platform for publishers to connect with a vibrant community of readers and influencers, NetGalley also provides actionable data to help publishers draw correlations between their own efforts and reader engagement. Over 300 publishers in North America, the UK, Australia, Germany, France, and Japan use NetGalley to build buzz, receive feedback and reviews, and discover early trends. NetGalley is part of Firebrand Technologies, which provides leading software and services to help publishers achieve success.