Seeking Part-Time Administrative Assistant ($18/hr)
Are you passionate about the book publishing industry? Dedicated to excellent customer service? NetGalley is looking for a part-time Administrative Assistant to help respond to sales and support inquiries, and assist with administrative tasks. This position reports to NetGalley’s Sales Associate.
This position is entry-level and for “doers” only, but provides a lot of potential to try new tasks, contribute your ideas and make your mark.
- Answer support questions from publishers and authors who already use NetGalley.
- Respond to inquiries from authors who are considering using NetGalley to promote their books.
- Maintain our Publisher Knowledge Base and CRM database with up-to-date information.
- Follow company standards and maintain high quality work and productivity.
- Collaborate with various team members to address client requests and inquiries.
You must be:
- A good listener who is service oriented
- Enthusiastic and professional
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented, and adept at prioritization
- Clear and concise in communication
- A motivated self-starter
- Comfortable working with a virtual team
The perfect candidate will have:
- Hands-on knowledge about the NetGalley platform and service
- Excellent writing skills
- Customer support experience, especially related to books
- Publishing or other book-industry background or education
- Interest in reading digitally and in the overall book publishing industry
The NetGalley team is virtual, but we work on an East Coast schedule and many of us are based around NYC. This employee will need a home office and be able to work effectively in an independent setting.
We’re looking for someone available to start immediately, and work 20 hours a week. Compensation is $18/hour.
Ability to work remotely from your home office (we are a virtual team by design, even apart from the pandemic), while gaining invaluable insight into the book publishing industry, specifically fostering client relationships tied to this data- and results-driven market. Plus, you will work with a group of truly amazing and creative people!
How to apply:
Please use this online form to submit your résumé and cover letter (brief introduction and how you fit into the description above). We look forward to hearing from you!