NetGalley is thrilled to co-host the Firebrand Group Community Conference next week (Sept. 26 – 28, 2022) in Baltimore. We can’t wait to present you with this stellar lineup of sessions, featuring speakers from across the industry including keynote addresses from Kirsty Melville and Alistair Croll, plus an introduction to incoming CEO, Angela Bole!
Connect with Your Audience: Marketing Sessions
Building & Scaling Influencer Programs Effectively: TikTok, Instagram, & More
Presented by: Emily Lyman, CEO & Founder, Branch & Bramble
Activating social media influencers is one of the fastest and most effective marketing tools to drive awareness—but it can also be one of the most time consuming and challenging. This session will focus on the tactical elements of building influencer programs based on individual titles as well as entire genres across TikTok, Instagram, and other social media platforms. Learn how to scale collaborations and maximize budgets with long-term partnership advice, negotiation tactics, and efficiency ideas.
Insights Into Action: The Making of a Bestseller
Presented by: Andrea DeWerd, book marketing strategist, consultant, author
As publishers are competing with streaming services, TikTok, podcasts, and every other hobby for consumers’ attention, book marketers have to adapt new technology for the competitive edge. In this session, book marketing strategist and consultant Andrea DeWerd will present a simple and effective approach for leveling up your organization’s MarTech stack to streamline and scale campaigns for success. We’ll look at the audience insights that drove a New York Times bestselling cookbook, as well as the steps to:
- Become a data-informed marketing organization
- Solicit buy-in for new technology at every level of the organization
- Create a culture of teaching, training, and learning for new tech adoption
Beyond the Book Review: Leveraging Media Placements for Lasting Author Success
While securing book reviews is a major goal for almost every author, what happens after is just as important. During this session, discover how to leverage book reviews from NetGalley and other sources for well-rounded author success. Topics include:
- The different types of reviews including endorsements, trade, media, and consumer reviews and the impact each has an on author’s brand
- How consumer reviews affect retail algorithms
- How to leverage reviews to line up author events, speaking engagements, etc.
- The long-lasting impact of book reviews—reviews serve as a foundation to further opportunity
- Placement and use for NetGalley reviews
Finding Your Audience/Growing Your Community
Presented by Tarah Theoret, Senior Director, Community Experience, and Kelly Gallucci, Executive Editor, We Are Bookish
Join the NetGalley Member Experience team to learn how targeted acquisition efforts can help expand your audience. This session will explore using data (from NetGalley as well as external sources like Google Analytics, social media platforms, & newsletter subscribers) to identify product/brand champions and inform your community engagement and retention strategies.
Discussion: Maintaining Momentum Beyond the Pub Date
Book publishers know that they have a wealth of IP in their backlist, but what is the most effective way to mine it? In this session, we will explore creative ways to surface the most relevant backlist titles of the moment, in order to drive their momentum when the time is right. For this group discussion, we hope attendees will come ready to share their concerns, ideas, and successes!
Presented by Darcy Piedmonte, Senior Sales Manager, NetGalley
Rediscover the roots of your NetGalley publisher account! Kristina Radke, VP of Business Growth & Engagement, will guide you through each important moment of a book’s life on NetGalley. We’ll cover everything from creating new titles, setting Availability, incorporating the Widget in your day-to-day efforts, managing requests, building your Auto-Approved List, as well as looking at and using the robust reports available to you.
NetGalley Promotions Overview
Presented by Lindsey Lochner, Executive Vice President, NetGalley
Learn how publishers use NetGalley Promotions to launch their frontlist and leverage their backlist to reach trade professionals and early influencers, generate reviews, run giveaways, collect pre-orders, advertise around the pub date, and connect directly with their audience. With advertising options for every budget, goal, and type of book, NetGalley’s popular programs are highly valued for their strong engagement rates—delivering outstanding results while remaining at a competitive price.
More sessions will be announced as they are finalized! While you wait, be sure to talk to your colleagues about attending the Firebrand Group Community Conference. Each track focuses on different aspects of the publishing process.
- Connecting Publishing Workflows | Sessions for production, editorial, and business ops teams, including Title Management users and administrators.
- Connect with Your Audience | Sessions for book marketers and publicists, including NetGalley and Supadu users.
- From Connection to Conversion | Sessions for sales and business ops teams, including Title Management, Eloquence on Demand, and Supadu users.
- Connect the Dots with Data | Sessions for data analysts, business ops, and marketing teams, including Eloquence on Alert and NetGalley users.
Register today to ensure your space and take advantage of the Early Bird Discount rate! A Group Discount is available for multiple team members attending from one company. Please email us for details.